Charitable Giving Challenge
Alison Rook had big plans for her 40th birthday. Instead of receiving gifts, she launched a campaign to raise funds for an organization that provides wheelchairs to people who may never be able to afford one. Her campaign – 40+ Wishes For My 40th Birthday!!!” – set a lofty goal to raise enough funds in 40 days to donate 40 wheelchairs.
After learning about the campaign, Visigility jumped on board to offer pro bono marketing consulting and public relations assistance to help Alison reach her goal. We helped with messaging on her donation page, social media, and outreach tactics.
We created a domain name – Alisonswish.com – to make it easy for people to find her donation page. We sent press releases to several Omaha and Lincoln, Nebraska television, radio and newspaper outlets.
Visigility also provided social media marketing assistance to help maximize her exposure on Facebook and Youtube.
The results where fantastic:
- Alison’s story was featured on KETV Channel 7 in Omaha
- She surpassed her original goal in just 10 days
- She then increased her goal to 100 wheelchairs in 100 days
- Her Facebook videos were shared dozens of times and received over 4,500 views
- She became the #1 fundraiser for Wheels for the World after raising over $13,000 dollars to donate 86 wheelchairs
- Public relations strategy
- Social media marketing
- Copywriting & messaging assistance
- Direct PR outreach
View donation page – Alisonswish.com
Alison Rook is a pastor from Lincoln, Nebraska. She is married to Trever Rook and has a dog named Murray.